Student Guardian Visa (Subclass 590)
Students Guardian Visa (Subclass 590)
The Student Guardian visa (Subclass 590) is a temporary visa for guardians of student visa (subclass 500) holders.
This visa will let guardians come to Australia and provide care and financial support for student visa applicants or student visa holders who are under the age of 18.
General eligibility criteria
- Applicants can apply for this visa from outside or inside Australia
- For applicants to be eligible to apply inside Australia, they must hold a suitable substantive visa.
Only one person can usually apply for a student guardian visa.
- The applicant must be the parent of the student visa holder, or
- A person who has custody of the student, or
- A relative of the student, aged 21 years or older, nominated in writing by the legal guardian who has care of the student
- Applicants must be able to provide accommodation, general welfare and support for the student
- Applicants must show the Department of Homes Affairs evidence that they have enough money to pay for their stay in Australia. Including meeting costs and expenses for themselves and any accompanying family members and the student visa holder.
- Applicants must hold adequate health insurance
- Applicants must meet genuine temporary entrant requirements – show reasons why they will return to their home country on expiry of the visa. – GTE (to read more about GTE visit our EasyStudy section)
- Applicants must meet Australian health and character requirements
You cannot work in Australia
The above list is not intended to be exhaustive, and further eligibility requirements do apply. For more information or to see if you qualify, please inquire with one of our qualified and experienced Migration Consultants. The contents on this website should be read in conjunction with our Website Disclaimer.