Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
Skilled Nominated visa (Subclass 190)
Australian states and territories regularly nominate highly skilled people to move to Australia for work. These nominations are carried out under the Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190). It is an invites-only visa program. Successful applicants get to live permanently in Australia as they pursue work, study, and other endeavours.
What is the Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass, 190)?
The Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190) is a points-tested permanent-residency visa to Australia. Those interested must first submit an Expression of Interest to the Department of Home Affairs. SkillSelect accepts EOI submissions throughout the Australian financial year. Points are issued based on your submission, and candidates with high ranking EOIs are invited to apply for the visa.
What Can You Do with the 190 Visa?
With the Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190, you can:
- Live in Australia permanently
- Work and study in Australia
- Bring your close family and dependents to Australia
- Sponsor relatives for many temporary Australian visas
- Move freely throughout Australia after spending the first two years in your nominating territory
How to Get the Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
If you are interested in work, study, and life in Australia, here are essential things to note about visa 190:
- It is based on nominations: You must first submit an EOI for an Australian territory or state to assess your abilities and unique attributes.
- It is points based: When you submit your EOI, you are not the only one. More people in your profession submit EOIs as well, so SkillSelect scores and ranks your submission. You need to score 65 points or more to get nominated.
- It is invites-only: You can only apply for the skilled nominated Visa (subclass 190) after submitting your EOI, and you receive an invitation to apply.
As you prepare to apply for the Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190), check that you meet the below requirements:
- You are younger than 45 when you lodge your EOI
- You have obtained an accepted skills assessment
- Your occupation is needed and is listed in the occupation list
- By the time of the application, you must be fluent and competent in English
Western Australia State Nomination, Case in Point
You can move to Western Australia under the Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190) if you meet the above-stated requirements. The state’s Migration Services accepts and reviews EOI submissions every month. The submissions go through a ranking system. Those with 65 points and higher get the invitation to apply for the Western Australian State nomination.
Applicants can obtain the Visa through the general stream or the graduate stream. The graduate stream is comparatively broader than the general stream. Applications in the general stream are weighed based on EOI scores and the date of EOI submissions. Submissions in the graduate stream are ranked based on higher education qualifications, EOI scores, and EOI submission date.
If you meet the application requirements and get a higher EOI score, you will be invited to apply. Your success in the visa application will then depend on these factors:
- Work experience: You have worked in your field for at least one year in Australia or three years overseas
- Contract of employment: You have obtained a contract of employment (minimum 12 months) in WA in your nominated field or something closely related
- Funds: You have enough money to facilitate your settlement in WA
How are EOIs Scored and Ranked in 190 Visa?
When you submit an Expression of Interest for the skilled nominated Visa (subclass 190), your submission will be evaluated based on:
- Your work experience and educational qualifications
- Your English language proficiency
- Partner skills and qualifications
- Communicate language skills (can you interpret and translate an Australian community language?)
What Skills are Assessments Required for 190 Visa?
The Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190) requires applicants to have a relevant skills assessment when submitting the EOI. The evaluations must be sought independently from an authorized assessing body.
Each occupation is listed with its assessing authority. Applicants must contact the assessing authorities and obtain an authentic skills assessment before applying for the visa.
Let us make it Easy for You.
Our migration consultants can guide you through the application process. Talk to us to find out if you qualify for this visa. If you are eligible, we will assign a dedicated specialist to help you prepare, get a skills assessment, create and submit your EOI, and create and submit your visa application. Call us at (+61) – 08 – 9221 4888.