Carer Visa (Subclass 116)
Carer Visa (a) (Subclass 116) – Off Shore
(b) (Subclass 836) - Onshore
The Carer (Subclass 116) visa allows the applicant to move to Australia and care for someone with a long-term medical condition.
With this visa
Successful applicants will be entitled to live in Australia as a Permanent Resident. They will be able to work and study. They can travel to and from Australia for five years. The child will be able to travel to and from Australia and work or study when in Australia. When eligible, they may be able to apply for Australian Citizenship.
General eligibility criteria
To be eligible, the applicant must;
- be a carer, must be able to provide substantial ongoing care and support for the sponsored relative and their family who they live with
- having an eligible sponsor (Australian citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Provide for care options that are not reasonably accessible in Australia.
- must meet Australian health and character requirements
- be offshore or onshore when lodging application