Skilled Recognized Visa Subclass 476
Australia is a vast territory with abundant resources. It has developed substantially in many fields such as finance, science, and technology and education. As a country built on migration, Australia is one of the most sought-after destinations for emigration. Before you migrate to Australia, you will need to obtain the right visa. Skilled Recognition Visa Subclass 476 is a temporary visa that opens various pathways to “permanent residency” in Australia.
Skilled Recognized Visa Subclass 476
Australia Skilled Recognition Visa Subclass 476 is a visa category introduced by the Australian Immigration Service in 2007 to accept fresh engineering graduates from major universities in the world.
The Australian 476 visa is also called the Australian Technically Approved Graduate Visa or the Overseas Graduate Visa. It is an 18-month temporary visa for graduates of designated engineering universities abroad.
Engineering qualifications: 476 Skilled Recognized Visa Candidates must be degree, post-grad diploma, doctoral degree, masters or Ph.D. holders.
The 476 visa needs to be applied outside Australia. Applicants must be aged below 31 years and must have a recent degree qualification from a specified engineering institution.
Specified institution: Applicants must have an Engineering qualification from an institution accredited under the Washington Accord. The list of other recognized institutions is provided on the government website, and currently (Feb 2021) includes:
- Catholic University of Argentina
- Federal University of Minas Gerais
- Universidad Catolica del Norte
- University of Dar es Salaam
- Anna University, Chennai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- AmirKabir University of Technology
- University of Tehran
- Beijing Normal University
- Beijing Petroleum University
- University of the Philippines
- Wroclaw University of Technology
The skilled Recognized Graduate visa subclass 476 enables people to get involved in various professional jobs in Australia's engineering field. They can work, study and travel for eighteen months in Australia.
The visa subclass 476 also allows the candidate's family to stay in Australia for a similar length of time –one and a half years. During their stay in Australia, candidates are allowed to apply for a general skilled migration visa or any other visas for which they satisfy the eligibility criteria, including independent, state-nominated or company-sponsored visas.
While staying in Australia on the Skilled Recognition Visa, professionals and their families can travel without restrictions. This includes traveling in Australia or to and from Australia.
Checklist for Australia Skilled Recognition Visa 476 Applications
1. Be not older than 31 years old at the time of application
2. Be a first language English speaker or have proof of English proficiency (IELTS test score of no less than 5 points, and an average score of 6 points)
3. Submit the application within two years after graduating from the engineering degree, the degree includes: bachelor's degree, undergraduate, master's, doctoral, or graduate diploma (choose one);
4. Profession must fall within engineering categories; civil engineering, structure, chemistry, environment, machinery, manufacturing, factory production, electrical and electronic, mining and material engineering, among others
5. You must have proof of no criminal record in your mother country and Australia (if an applicant has never entered Australia, it is not necessary to provide a certificate of no criminal record in Australia)
6. Applicants must sign the Australian Values Statement, which shows a willingness to respect the Australian way of life—before applying for the visa
What Else is Required for Successful 476 Visa Application?
- Applicants should not have a history of visa cancellation or refusal in Australia
- Applicants must not currently hold the subclass 476, or 485 visas
- Applicants and their family members aged above 16 years old must meet the Australian character and health requirements
Skilled Recognition Visa 476 Frequently Asked Questions
What is the visa processing time?
The processing time ranges from 15 to 16 months. The process may take longer if you do not provide sufficient information in your application.
What is the duration of the 476 visas?
The visa subclass 476 is a temporary visa for one and a half years.
What are the skills required in Skilled Recognition Visa Subclass 476?
Candidates must be recent graduates with engineering majors such as machinery, engineering, construction, manufacturing, etc.
Who can you include in your 476 visas to Australia?
Candidates can include their close relatives, e.g., spouse, children, stepchildren, and other dependents.
How can a migration agent help you?
Step 1: Get a preliminary assessment by Easymigrate professional advisers.
Step 2: Easymigrate consultants help you get career assessment and obtain corresponding IELTS scores
The first and most important step in the visa application process is assessing whether you meet the qualification requirements set for that visa. Easymigrate immigration experts will assess your eligibility and assist with the visa application and approval procedures.
We are a team of lawyers and immigration experts committed to helping visa applicants like you get all the documents needed and prepare files, applications, and records. We will help you build a comprehensive and persuasive application that improves your chances of approval. Start your career journey on a high note by moving to Australia. Get your free phone assessment today.