Tourist Visa, Visitor Visa and Parent Visitor Visa Australia Application
Do you want to visit Australia for tourism or see friends and family? Then an Australian short-term tourist visa or a visitor visa might be the right solution for you.
What Type of Tourist Visa Should I Apply For?
If you wish to stay in Australia for less than three months, you have several available options. Here are the most popular short-term visas:
- Electronic Travel Authority Visa or ETA (Subclass 601). Valid for a year, the ETA is a multiple entry visa that allows you to stay in Australia for three months each time you visit the country. To be eligible, you need to have a passport of a specific country or region (Brunei, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, United States) etc. The list can be changed/updated.
- eVisitor (Subclass 651). This multiple entry visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to three months at a time within 12 months. Holders of European passports and some other countries are eligible to apply.
- Visitor Visa (Subclass 600). A visitor visa is an ideal option for those who are not eligible for the ETA of eVisitor. This visa allows you to stay in Australia for three, six, or 12 months for tourism or business purposes.
Australian Tourist Visa Requirements
To be eligible for the ETA or eVisitor you need to be free of tuberculosis and criminal convictions and be at least 11 years old.
Documents required for an Australian tourist visa include:
- A valid passport from a particular country;
- A debit/credit card;
- An email address.
Australian Tourist Visa Processing Time
The Subclass 601/651 Australian tourist visa: processing time can take one to two days. In some cases where more security is required, it may take longer.
Australian Tourist Visa Application Cost
Both the ETA and eVisitor are free. However, for the ETA you will need to pay an online application service charge of AUD20.
Australian Visitor Visa Requirements
There are different types of Australian visitor visa. To find more information, please consult the official website.
Subclass 600 Visitor Visa Australia Checklist
If you do not qualify for the ETA or eVisitor, you must apply for Subclass 600. The list of required documents may include:
- Application form;
- Visa application charge;
- Your passport biodata page photocopy;
- One recent photograph (45mmx35mm);
- Copy of your national ID;
- Evidence of ties to your country of residence;
- Proof of adequate personal funds;
- Evidence of current employment.
- Parent Visitor Visa (Subclass 870) – The ” Sponsored Temporary Parent Visa” SUBCLASS 870 has commenced from April 2019. This will allow parents to live in Australia for three years visas of five-year visas. Maximum stay allowed will be ten years. The balance of family test will not apply to this visa. The Australian sponsor will need to apply first to become an “approved sponsor”. Then the parents or step-parents lodge the subclass 870 sponsored Temporary Parent Visa.
Australian Tourist Visa Application
Do you want to apply for visitor visa Australia or apply for tourist visa Australia?
Contact EasyMigrate, and we will help you with the paperwork.