EasyMigrate’s 7 best pathways to Australia
There are many pathways you may be eligible for if you are hoping to extend your stay in Australia. We have short listed the most successful visa routes and for more information on any of the following pathways please contact our office and make an appointment to speak with one of our MARA registered consultants today.
If you have travelled to Australia on a WHV for one year, you may be eligible to extend this visa for a second year.
To qualify for a second year WHV:
- You have to be between 18 and 31 years of age when applying
- You must have completed at least 88 days of farm work, fruit picking work, constructions work or other “eligible” work in Regional Australia while on your first WHV.
- You can apply for this visa either from inside or outside Australia.
Remember you can still only work 6 months with any one employer within the year! Don’t get caught out as this could affect further stay applications. If you’re unsure if the rural work is eligible or not ask the experts at EasyMigrate.
Australia is one of the world’s leading international education destinations and offers a high-quality education experience with a wide range of choices. The Australian student visa will allow you to complete a course in Australia. You can book a language course, diploma or a degree course or any other course that you like. You will be entitled to:
- Study full time
- Work part-time for up to 40 hours a fortnight during the semesters
- Work full-time during the semester-holidays
- The validity of your student visa will be based on the length of your course.
If you are already in Australia on a tourist, working holiday visa or any other type of visa, you can apply for your student visa from within Australia if you hold a “Assessment Level 1” country passport. If you have any question’s regarding student visas, college enrolment or college fees contact our education coordinators from EasyStudy Carmen, Kanchan or Nina.
If you can secure an eligible job-offer from an Australian company then you may be eligible to apply for the Australian business sponsorship visa.
Conditions that affect this visa:
- You can stay and work in Australia for as long as you have the job.
- Visa needs to be renewed at least every 4 years.
- There are almost 600 eligible occupations – trade professionals, computing professionals, engineers, nurses and doctors, teachers, accountants, IT Professionals, managers and more…
- Dependent family members can be included on your visa.
- While on your business sponsorship visa, you may submit an application for a permanent residency visa.
- You need to have the job offer and your employer must be willing to apply as a “sponsor” under the SBS-program, then “nominate” you for the job.
- Meet criteria set – with reference to qualifications and/or relevant work experience
The Australian Skilled migration visa is one option to obtain permanent residency for Australia. This is a points-tested visa and you get points for age, work experience, qualifications, Australian study, close blood-relatives living in designated areas and many other criteria.
This is for skilled workers who possesses the required qualifications, experience and score the pass mark of 60 points.
What this Visa will give you:
- Your dependent family members can be included on your application.
- They will be entitled to permanent residency as well.
- Permanent resident visas give your partner/ spouse full working rights
- Your children can attend school in Australia without paying overseas scholar fees.
- This visa will give you the option to apply for citizenship after 4 years.
The process of obtaining the Skilled Migration visa involves a few stages including your skills assessment, expression of interest, possible state “nomination” and visa application. Please contact our office for more information on this visa.
The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) is another route to Australian residency via a job offer from an Australian company. You can also include your family members in your Employer Nomination Scheme visa-application.
To be eligible for this visa
- Your occupation needs to fall on the ENS list
- You need to have a job offer for a minimum of 2 year duration from an Australian employer who is willing to nominate you.
- You may need to pass your skills assessment or
- If you have already spent 2 years under a 457 visa with your nominating-employer, you will not have to go to the expense of that skill assessment!
The Regional Skilled visa is a permanent residency visa open to Perth and other “Designated area” applicants. You need to have a job offer from an employer based in “designated” area of Australia for a minimum of 2 year duration.
Your occupation needs to be at a certain skill level on the Australian classification of occupations (managers, professionals and trade workers). The skills assessment is generally not required (except tradespersons). Check with EasyMigrate first before lodging to ensure you are eligible.
Skills assessment exemption applies to trade professionals who have been with their employer on a 457 for the past 2 years. You can include your family on your visa application and they will be entitled to work/study.
After 4 years you can apply for your Australian passports. The current processing time is about 6-8 months, it may take more or less depending on Immigration.
If you have an Australian partner you might be eligible to apply for your De Facto visa once you can evidence that you relationship is genuine and ongoing.
You will need to evidence of your relationship;
- Proof of living together for total 365 days (1 Year)
- Married couples still have to show that they are in a genuine relationship, but can show 6 months (sometimes even less) of living together.
Initially your visa will be provisional for the first 2 years. After that Immigration will contact you and if you are still together you will be granted permanent residency. The de facto visa (or “married” visa) can be submitted from inside or from outside Australia.
If you are wanting to extend your stay in Australia longer contact our team today. Our company mission is simply Australian Migration Made Easy. Call +61 – 8 – 9221 4888 and book your consultation today.