Carer Visa (Subclass 836)

Carer Visa (a) (Subclass 116) – Off Shore
(b) (Subclass 836) - Onshore

The Carer (Subclass 116) visa allows the applicant to move to Australia and care for someone with a long-term medical condition.

With this visa

Successful applicants will be entitled to live in Australia as a Permanent Resident. They will be able to work and study. They can travel to and from Australia for five years. The child will be able to travel to and from Australia and work or study when in Australia. When eligible, they may be able to apply for Australian Citizenship.

General eligibility criteria

To be eligible, the applicant  must;

  • be a carer, must be able to provide substantial ongoing care and support for the sponsored relative and their family who they live with
  • having an eligible sponsor (Australian citizen or Permanent Resident)
  • Provide for care options that are not reasonably accessible in Australia.
  • must meet Australian health and character requirements
  • be offshore or onshore when lodging application

The above list is not intended to be exhaustive, and further eligibility requirements do apply. For more information or to see if you qualify, please inquire with one of our qualified and experienced Migration Consultants. The contents on this website should be read in conjunction with our Website Disclaimer.