In Country Special Humanitarian Visa (Subclass 201)

In-country Special Humanitarian Visa subclass 201 is a permanent residence visa. Successful applicants will be able to:

  • stay in Australia indefinitely
  • work and study in Australia
  • will be eligible for Medicare
  • access some social security payments
  • apply for a travel document to travel overseas.

Who may be eligible for this visa

To qualified applicants must be outside Australia when applying for an In-country Special Humanitarian visa (subclass 201) and when the visa outcome is decided.

Applicants may be able to get the In-country Special Humanitarian visa if:

they are living in their home country

they are subject to persecution in their home country

they have not been able to leave that country to seek refuge elsewhere.

There are no costs associated with this In-country Special Humanitarian visa unless the applicant is applying under the Community pilot program. The Australian Government pays for

  • travel costs to Australia
  • other expenses before you leave for Australia, including medical examinations and cultural orientation.

To find out more, please book a consultation to speak with a Registered Migration Agent today by emailing or calling +(61) (8) 9221 4888.