Working Holiday Visas

There are as many as 16 visas, both permanent and temporary, that are designed for people to participate in specific professional, cultural or social activities in Australia, or to receive medical treatment in Australia. The most common of these are the Work and Holiday Visa and Working Holiday Visa; however you may speak to one of our registered consultants to learn more about the different, other pathways pertaining to special activities.

Working Holiday Visa (WHV) - Subclass 417

To apply for this visa, you must:

  • have turned 18, but not turned 30 (36 if citizen of Canada, France, Ireland), at the time of applying.
  • hold a passport for one of the countries or regions participating with Australia in the Working Holiday Program. The countries are: Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and United Kingdom.Note: These are the basic prerequisites. For further criteria, please speak to one of our registered consultants.

This visa allows you to supplement the cost of your holiday through short-term employment. With this visa, you can

  • enter Australia within 12 months of the visa grant date
  • stay up to 12 months
  • leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid
  • work in Australia for up to 6 months with each employer
  • study for up to 4 months

This visa can be extended by another 12 months provided that the applicant can provide evidence of work on a farm, in a mine or construction industry for 3 months.

If you hold a second Working Holiday visa, you may return to work for a further 6 months for an employer with whom you worked on your first Working Holiday visa. There are a number of clauses that dictate the application and grant of first and second working holiday visas.

Find out more about first and second Working Holiday Visas from us.

Work and Holiday Visa - Subclass 462

Although there are some similarities between the two subclasses (such as the age limit for applicants), the key differences between a Working Holiday Visa and a Work and Holiday Visa are:

  • Only the Working Holiday Visa allows for a second Working Holiday Visa upon completion of three months' work in regional Australia, whereas the Work and Holiday Visa is only granted once;
  • The Work and Holiday Visa has an education requirement that differs across the various countries from which applicants are citizens of, as well as evidence of at least functional English; and
  • Applicants must be from one of the following countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Poland, Turkey, the United States, or Uruguay.

Please contact us to discuss your requirements towards migration to Australia.