The Five Year Sponsored Parent (Subclass 870)
You will be eligible to apply for The Five Year Sponsored Parent (Subclass 870) if you have a child who is either an Australian citizen / permanent residents or an eligible New Zealand citizen. This new pathway will temporarily reunite parents with their children and grandchildren in Australia.
- a parent must be the biological, adoptive, or step-parent of the sponsor, who must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Sponsor has been approved
- Visa application has been lodged within six months of sponsorship
Sponsorship applications can be submitted from 17th April 2019. When a sponsor has been approved, the visa applicant will then be able to lodge their visa application. Visa applications must be lodged within six months of sponsorship approval and cannot be submitted until a sponsor has been approved.
Key features of The Five Year Sponsored Parent (Subclass 870) visa
- Limited to 15,000 visas per year
- Maximum of ten years of cumulative stay permitted
- Parent not required to depart during the validity of the visa
- Multiple entries allowed
- May be eligible for a second TSPV; however, the sponsor must also re-apply to be the family sponsor
- Must leave Australia for 90 consecutive days before making the second TSPV application, although sponsor can request the applicant be permitted to lodge onshore in specific circumstances
- Condition 8103 – ‘no work’ will be applied to the visa
The above list is not intended to be exhaustive, and further eligibility requirements do apply. For more information or to see if you qualify, please inquire with one of our qualified and experienced Migration Consultants. The contents on this website should be read in conjunction with our Website Disclaimer.