Contributory Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 884) – Temporary
Contributory Parent (Temporary) Subclass 884 – Onshore
This is an ‘onshore’ visa application – it generates a Bridging-Visa to stay-n in Australia.
The Contributory Parent (Subclass 884) is a temporary visa that lets the parent of a settled Australian Citizen / Permanent Resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia for two years and applying for permanent Contributory Visa (Subclass 864)
With this visa
Successful applicants will be entitled to stay in Australia for up to two years. They will be able to work and study in Australia. If eligible, they may be able to apply for the Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143).
General eligibility criteria
To be eligible applicants must;
- Have an eligible sponsor – this is usually an eligible child.
- Applicants must be inside of Australia to apply
- Sponsor must be approved by the Department of Home Affairs be applicant can apply
- Applicant must meet the balance-of-family test
- Applicant must meet Australian health and character requirements