Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 804)
Aged Parent Visa Subclass 804
This is an ‘onshore’ visa application which generates a bridging-visa to stay-on in Australia.
The Aged Parent (Subclass 804) is a permanent visa that lets an aged parent of a settled Australian Citizen / Permanent Resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to gain permanent residency in Australia.
With this visa
This is an ‘onshore’ visa which generates a Bridging-Visa to stay-on in Australia.
Successful applicants will be entitled to stay in Australia as a permanent resident, and if eligible, they may be able to apply for Australian Citizenship. They can sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia.
General eligibility criteria
To be eligible applicants must;
- Have an eligible sponsor – this is usually an eligible child.
- The Department of Home Affairs must approve a sponsor
- Applicant must meet the balance-of-family test – at least 50% or more of the applicant’s children must be PR or citizens of Australia and usually settled in Australia
- Applicant must be old enough to receive the age pension in Australia (65 plus)
- Applicant must meet Australian health and character requirements