Aged Dependent Relative Visa (Subclass 838) – Onshore
Aged Dependent Relative (a) (Subclass 114) – Off Shore Application
(b) (Subclass 838) – Onshore Application
The Aged Dependent Relative (Subclass 114 or Subclass 838) is a permanent visa that lets a single older person, who relies on a relative living in Australia for financial support, move to Australia permanently.
With this visa
Successful applicants will be entitled to stay in Australia as a permanent resident, and if eligible, they may be able to apply for Australian Citizenship. They can sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia.
General eligibility criteria
To be eligible applicants must;
- Have an eligible sponsor – this is usually a suitable relative or relative’s partner.
- Applicants may be inside or outside of Australia to apply
- The Department of Home Affairs must approve a sponsor
- Applicant must meet the balance-of-family test
- Applicant must meet Australian health and character requirements