Student Visa (Subclass 500)

The Student Visa (Subclass 500) allows international students to study in Australia for up to five years. Students must participate in an eligible course of study in Australia

What this visa allows you to do

  • participate in an eligible course of study in Australia
  • travel in and out of Australia
  • work up to 40 hours every 2-week period once your course starts

You can include family members when you lodge your visa application. For student visas, your family member is:

  • your partner, or
  • your or your partner’s dependent child who is unmarried and has not turned 18 years of age.

You must declare your family members in your student visa application even if they do not plan to travel with you to Australia. If you do not do this, your family members will not be eligible for a student visa to join you in Australia.

Your family members can also apply as a subsequent entrant (at a later time, separate from your application).

Family members who apply for the visa must meet our requirements for health and character.

EasyStudy can organise the “admission to school/college” for you – we do not charge any fees for this service.

Services that EasyStudy Provides:

  • Study in Australia Pathway Planning
  • Courses and Institutes Selection
  • School & University Search and Enrolment
  • Student Visa Application
  • Settle-in Assistance
  • On-going Student Advisory