IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT – Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) visa – Closure of ACT Migration Program to overseas applicants
Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) visa – Closure of ACT Migration Program to overseas applicants
Effective immediately (23 August 2017 at 9.30 am AEST) the ACT Migration Program is now closed to overseas applicants.
- If you are living overseas you will not be able to commence an application for ACT nomination of a Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) visa until the Program reopens in 2018.
- If you have started an application for ACT nomination prior to closure of the program, and the status is ‘in progress’, the application must be submitted, and the service fee paid before 11.59 pm (AEST) Thursday 24 August 2017.
- You must submit a complete application e.g. all supporting documents attached, as additional documentation will not be accepted after lodgement.
- The application must meet ACT nomination criteria as you will not be contacted to provide additional supporting information.
- If the application is not submitted, and the $300 service fee paid by Thursday 24 August 2014 (AEST), the application will automatically lapse.
CLOSE TIES to Canberra
This action does not affect overseas applicants with close ties in Canberra. If you have close ties (either family or genuine job offer) in Canberra; OR you have completed a PhD at an ACT university, you are still eligible to apply for ACT nomination
This action does not affect Canberra based applicants. If you are living in Canberra and working in a skilled occupation, the program is still open. You are still able to lodge an application for ACT nomination of the Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) visa if you meet the current nomination criteria.
If you have any questions about these changes please contact us by clicking here or calling +61 8 9221 4888
Sign up for updates
Subscribe to all of the latest migration information