Chefs and Engineers Get Post-Pandemic Visa Priority
Chefs, Engineers and Programmers will get Australian visas first as the Department of Immigration announced an updated Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL) with 22 new occupations added.
The PMSOL is a list of occupations that are first to be granted Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (temporary) visas (subclass 494), Temporary Skills Shortage visas (subclass 482), Employer Nomination Scheme visas (subclass 186) and Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visas (subclass 187).
The list was made to address the skills shortage resulting from halted migration during the pandemic, it currently has 41 occupations on it.
The 22 new occupations on the PMSOL with ANZSCO codes are:
- Accountant (General) (221111)
- Accountant (Taxation) (221113)
- Accountant (Management) (221112)
- External Auditor (221213)
- Internal Auditor (221214)
- Electrical Engineer (233311)
- Civil Engineer (233211)
- Structural Engineer (233214)
- Geotechnical Engineer (233212)
- Transport Engineer (233215)
- Mining Engineer (233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (233612)
- Surveyor (232212)
- Cartographer (232213)
- Other Spatial Scientist (232214)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (234611)
- Orthotist / Prosthetist (251912)
- Multimedia Specialist (261211)
- Analyst Programmer (261311)
- Software and Applications Programmers (261399)
- ICT Security Specialist (262112)
- Chef (351311)
The recent federal budget suggests temporary and permanent migration is expected to re-commence in early to mid-2022, so now is the time to start planning if you intend to migrate to Australia.
These occupations are lacking applicants and there is a surplus of jobs in these occupations in Australia, the government says the PMSOL is essential to revitalising Australia’s post-pandemic economic recovery.
“The Morrison Government will continue to support Australian businesses, including through skilled migration, as the engine room of our nation’s economy,” said Immigration Minister Alex Hawke.
Do you or anyone you know want to live and work in Australia?
Practising these occupations in Australia would mean a bright future for you and your family.
This work is available and many industries in Australia continue to cry out for more people to apply for some very desirable jobs.
So start planning for your future now and remember to contact EasyMigrate in order to give you the best chance to secure your Australian visa.
Sign up for updates
Subscribe to all of the latest migration information