Skilled Regional visa (Subclass 887) – Permanent
Who this visa is for
The permanent Skilled Regional visa (Subclass 887) allows provisional Skilled Regional visa holders who have lived and worked in a specified regional area of Australia to apply for Permanent Residency.
What this visa lets you do
The Skilled Regional visa (Subclass 887) is a Permanent Residency visa. Once granted, it allows the holder (and any family members included in the application) to:
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia (without restriction)
- travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted
- enrol in Medicare (Australia’s universal health care scheme)
- apply for Australian citizenship (subject to eligibility)
- sponsor eligible relatives for a variety of temporary and permanent Australian visas
Note: The five year travel restriction only prevents re-entry into Australia after the expiry of the five year period, after which time (in order to re-enter Australia), a Resident Return visa or other suitable visa will need to be obtained. It does not affect holders of this visa who are inside Australia (who are allowed to remain indefinitely).
General eligibility criteria
To be eligible to apply for a permanent Skilled Regional visa (Subclass 887), you must:
- be inside Australia at the time of lodging your visa
- at the time of lodgement hold a prerequisite visa
- have, prior to lodgement, held a qualifying visa for at least two (2) years
- have lived in a specified regional area for at least two (2) years
- have worked full-time in a specified regional area for at least one (1) year
- meet relevant health and character requirements.
The above list is not intended to be exhaustive and further eligibility requirements do apply.
For more information or to see if you qualify, please make an enquiry with one of our qualified and experienced Migration Consultants.
The contents on this website should be read in conjunction with our Website Disclaimer.