Note: From 14 November 2020, the “offshore” Distinguished Talent Visa (Subclass 124) has been repealed. As such, all Distinguished Talent applicants must now apply for a Distinguished Talent Visa (Subclass 858). These changes have resulted in the following benefits:
- applicants can now be inside or outside of Australia at time of application (and decision)
- applicants inside Australia on a substantive visa or Bridging Visas A, B or C can apply
- applicants are able to apply for a health criteria waiver in certain circumstances
The Distinguished Talent Visa is specifically designed for people who are internationally recognised for exceptional and outstanding achievement in one of the following;
- a profession
- the arts
- sport, research or academia.
An applicant will need to be active in the field of expertise and will need University sponsorship. This visa allows the applicant and dependent family members to live as permanent residents in Australia.
Applicants may be eligible for this visa if they:
- have University sponsorship
- are inside Australia when they apply and when a decision is being made
- must have a record of exceptional and outstanding achievement and must be internationally recognised in a profession, the arts, sport, research or academia.
- have relevant qualifications and/or awards received by internationally recognised institutions.
The above list is not intended to be exhaustive and further eligibility requirements do apply.
For more information or to see if you qualify, please make an enquiry with one of our qualified and experienced Migration Consultants.
The contents on this website should be read in conjunction with our Website Disclaimer.
Cyrus Mistry MMIA
Director / Principal Migration Consultant
Migration Agents Registration Number 0100178
- Member of the Migration Institute of Australia
- Registered Migration Agent for over 16 years
- Spoken languages include Hindi and Gujarati
Cyrus combines many years’ experience as a qualified migration agent with a long track record as a senior travel industry practitioner. He has managed the migration and needs of many families, migrants and businesses, particularly in the oil and gas, mining, construction and tradesperson sectors.
Cyrus is also able to help clients adapt quickly to the Australian business environment and select the right employment, business or study opportunities for a smooth transition to Australia.
Areas of Expertise:
- Complex Visa Applications
- Visa Refusals, Cancellations and Appeals (AAT)
- Visitor / Working Holiday visas
- Student visas
- Graduate visas
- Parent / Partner / Child / Other Family visas
- Temporary Work visas
- Employer Sponsored visas
- Skilled visas
- Business, Investment and Retirement visas
- Resident Return visas
- Refugee & Humanitarian visas
- Australian Citizenship