Refugee visa (offshore) subclass 200 is a permanent residence visa. Successful applicants will be able to:
- stay in Australia permanently
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Australia’s public healthcare scheme, Medicare
- bring family members for permanent residence
- travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- if eligible become an Australian citizen
- attend 510 hours of English language classes for free
Who may be eligible for this visa
To qualified applicants must be outside Australia when applying for Refugee visa (Subclass 200) and when the visa outcome is decided.
Applicants may be able to get the Refugee visa if:
- they are living in their home country
- they are subject to persecution in their home country
- they have not been able to leave that country to seek refuge elsewhere
You can also add certain family members to your application at any time before we decide on your application.
For this visa, your family are:
- your partner
- your dependent children
- your partner’s dependent children
- other relatives who are dependent
If your child is not dependent on you, they must apply for their own visa.
If you do not declare a family member in your application, you may not be able to propose them for a refugee and humanitarian visa after you arrive in Australia.
There is no visa application charge for this visa
To find out more, please book a consultation to speak with a Registered Migration Agent today by emailing email@example.com or calling +(61) (8) 9221 4888.