Dependent Child Visa (Subclass 445)
The Dependent Child (Subclass 445 ) is a visa that lets a child stay in Australia with their parents temporarily if the Department of Home Affairs are processing a Partner application for the parent.
With this visa
Successful applicants will be entitled to live in Australia until the Department of Home Affairs decides on the parent’s permanent partner visa application. The child will be able to travel to and from Australia and work or study when in Australia.
General eligibility criteria
To be eligible, the child must;
- Have a parent who holds a suitable visa and is dependent on them
- Sponsored by the person who sponsored or nominated for their parent’s permanent Partner application.
- Sponsorship must be approved before the visa application is lodged
- Be under 18 years or over the 18 years and financially dependent on the parent who has the temporary Partner or Dependent Child visa.
- must meet Australian health and character requirements