Child Visa (a) (Subclass 101) – Offshore
(b) (Subclass 802) – Onshore
The Child (Subclass 101 or Subclass 802) is a visa that lets a child who lives outside Australia, move to Australia to live with their parents permanently.
Successful applicants will be entitled to stay in Australia permanently. They will be able to study and access Medicare. When eligible, they may be able to apply for Australian Citizenship.
General eligibility criteria
To be eligible, the child must;
- be dependent on a parent who is Australian Citizen / Permanent Resident or eligible New Zealand, citizen
- They can be their parent’s biological child, adopted child or stepchild
- Sponsor must be a suitable parent or the parent’s spouse or de facto partner
- The child must be under 18 years old or over 18 and under 24 years and studying full time
- The child must not have married or been engaged to be married or in a de facto relationship
- The child must meet Australian health and character requirements
- The application must be lodged inside or outside of Australia